Drones have gained popularity in recent years, they are commercially available and viable, they have been applied to many tasks in various industries. They help companies cut costs, save time, and improve safety
Here are big companies who are using drone technology today.
1. Amazon: Amazon has been developing its own drones to deliver packages weighing up to 5 pounds, in 30 minutes or less, to customers within a flying range of 15 miles.
2. JD.com: JD.com developed its own drones, expands it customer base using drones and autonomous delivery robots for real deliveries in China for over two years.
3. Alphabet: Alphabet’s delivery drone project, Project Wing, aims at commercial drone deliveries to homes and rural communities.
4. Uber: Uber has also been working to use drone for delivery. It saw drones as the next frontier of personal air travel transportation as the traffic congetion in cities get worse.
5. Facebook: Facebook planned to use drones (lightweighted unmanned planes) to provide internet-connectivity from altitudes of 60,000 feet, to connect the world below.
Cover Image: Pixabay