A survey was conducted among teen and young adult Snapchat users in United States at February 2016 to find out which social networks are the most popular to follow celebrities. Social networks included in the survey and came on top of popularity are
- Instagram - A mobile photo-sharing application and service that allows users to share pictures and videos
- Twitter - An online news and social networking service where users post and interact with messages.
- Facebook - An online social media and social networking service.
- YouTube - An video-sharing website that allows users to upload, view, rate, share, report and comment on videos, subscribe to other users.
- Snapchat - An image messaging and multimedia mobile application that makes pictures and messages available for a short time.
- Vine - A short-form video hosting service where users could share six-second-long looping video clips.
- Tumblr - A microblogging and social networking that allows users to post pictures, videos and other content to a short-form blog.
Among the most popular three apps for following celebrties, Instagram was on top and was used by 25% of total surveyed users. Twitter came the second with 23% and facebook 19%.
Graph Source: statista.com